Thread: blender GPU render

Beans

blender GPU render

hello everyone hope you guys doing ok, straight forward to it trying to use blender but i see "no compatible GPUs found on path tracing cycles will render oon the CPU". tested it in windows 10 all works fine.installed the proprietary nvidia driver on ubuntu but still nothing if anyone know what's going on pls help GPU : 1070 Ti

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: blender GPU render

Which driver version have you installed and how?
    Have you disabled Secure Boot in UEFI?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CelticWarrior View Post
    Which driver version have you installed and how?
    Have you disabled Secure Boot in UEFI?
    tried 460 and 450 from additional drivers in software and update no change
    and what you meant by disabling secure boot in UEFI ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I mean the Secure Boot feature in the motherboard's firmware (UEFI) that many wrongly refer to as "BIOS".
    That feature prevents loading unsigned drivers like Nvidia's even if correctly installed. That would explain why Blender is complaining.

Beans

I mean the Secure Boot feature in the motherboard's firmware (UEFI) that many wrongly refer to as "BIOS".
    That feature prevents loading unsigned drivers like Nvidia's even if correctly installed. That would explain why Blender is complaining.
    ok will try later and let you know thx

Beans

i went to the BIOS i found no secure boot only fast boot options for win8.1 and are disabled BTW motherboard Z87Mpower

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Not all firmwares call Secure Boot by its name. In many it's "OS selection" or similar, where "Other", "Linux", "Android", ... means Secure Boot OFF and "Windows 8" or "Windows 10" means Secure Boot ON.
    Please check your user's manual.

EDIT:
    I just did your homework and it's in Advanced > Windows 8 feature. It should be disabled. Or, keep the "Windows 8 feature" enabled and then you'll have a sub-menu Secure Boot > Secure Boot control where it can be disabled.

Also in Boot > Boot Mode Select > UEFI only.

Also in Security > Trusted Computing set TPM to disabled.
    Last edited by CelticWarrior; March 3rd, 2021 at 09:01 AM. Reason: checked user's manual

Beans

I just did your homework and it's in Advanced > Windows 8 feature. It should be disabled. Or, keep the "Windows 8 feature" enabled and then you'll have a sub-menu Secure Boot > Secure Boot control where it can be disabled.
    tried to attach some pictures but site seems doesn't let me anyway

it was disabled but when i went there and turned it on i got the secure boot option

when i enter secure boot i wasn't able to enable the support options for it but anyway you said we don't need it on

Also in Boot > Boot Mode Select > UEFI only
    UEFI was on , there is two options UEFI or UEFI+LEGACY and only UEFI was there

Also in Security > Trusted Computing set TPM to disabled.
    in security there is no "Trusted Computing" but there is some key management

and while i was checking i left fast boot MSI on

now i can't even get to the bios when i turn on computer it directly goes to windows drive i got dual boot windows on one drive and ubuntu on another will try figure out how to get into bios again tried F11/DEL buttons +20 times (hold/fast clicks )nothing it goes directly to win10

Beans

ok nvm i was able to load to bios while restarting win10 while pressing shiftkey

when i turn on windows 8.1 features i get option called Internal GOP configuration on side it give details "manages the onboard graphics output protocol (GOP)"

it says

IGFX Driver version
    N/A.