Thread: new machine

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

new machine

i built a new machine from scratch. i'm trying to install CUDA. does it matter the order that you install.
    the first thing i did, was install the toolkit [i wasn't paying attention to the instructions], i cant help that. my machine is 64 based, an only linux, so far i only got 2 OS's, on the SSD.
    i just want to know it i got to delete the toolkit, an start over. the nvidia-cuda-toolkit, go's to cuda 10. so i got a bit of updating to do, at least cuda 11. if that makes sense, then i am OK. hate to bother ya, if i am on the right track.
    i put the HHD drive on the back burner for now. i forgot one thing,
    lubuntu 20.04 has 4 desktops, i can barely take care of one. i dont need 4 desktops. the settings dont allow for removing the excess 3.
    Last edited by oneleded; February 26th, 2021 at 06:55 AM. Reason: spelling
    the only bad question is one that is not asked.
    the good Lord give me Major Dyslexia so that i might learn. if you dont understand what i write sometimes, that makes two of us.. i confuse myself..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: new machine

It might help to know what tutorial you are using . To remove the toolkit you might try the following per the Nvidia tutorial. I would think following the steps is important.

Code:
    sudo /usr/local/cuda-X.Y/bin/uninstall_cuda_X.Y.pl
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

https://medium.com/@manujarvinen/set...ns-ca1fcf8d502
    this was where i started. if i dont have too delete the toolkit, i wont. i was asking before i messed up my OS, i dont know if it will. 1st., time.
    i found this after i posted; https://developer.download.nvidia.co...rted_Linux.pdf
    is this the right guide? thanks
    Last edited by oneleded; February 27th, 2021 at 06:47 AM.
    the good Lord give me Major Dyslexia so that i might learn. if you dont understand what i write sometimes, that makes two of us.. i confuse myself..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

It appears to be the same steps and again I would say the order of the steps is important. I know completely unfamiliar with the first tutorial, I have a simple dual boot.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

i didnt realize the version i had was from 2014. only 7 years behind. i need to pay more attention. maybe it's the same,... wishes,. only if they were granted.