Thread: Getting an error "No root file system is defined" when trying to install

Beans

Getting an error "No root file system is defined" when trying to install

I am trying to install ubuntu 16 on a vultr server. But its giving me an error "No root file system is defined". I dont see where to create a partition. I am using a custom iso because its an appliance, but I tried using the ubuntu 18 install that vultr comes with and that intstalled, but then when I booted into the other iso, it still gives me the same error

Thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Getting an error "No root file system is defined" when trying to install

Welcome.

Ubuntu 18.04 - there's no "Ubuntu 18" - is still supported and will be until April 2023.
    Ubuntu 16.04 - there's no "Ubuntu 16" - will be out of support next April. No point in installing an about to be obsolete release.

Beans

Hi,

Unfortunately I am using a system called shadowcontrol that comes as a bundle with the OS, and I need to use their version. https://support.storagecraft.com/s/a...language=en_US

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

It runs in newer versions but may need additional packages: https://support.storagecraft.com/s/a...language=en_US

It was just a matter of googling what you should have googled

Beans

That's the backup agent called "shadow protect", this is the control center called "shadow control". I cant find instructions on how to install it on an existing OS.

Thank you
    Last edited by specop; February 24th, 2021 at 07:35 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thread moved to Virtualization
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful