Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: According to you which is the most good looking DE available for Linux ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

According to you which is the most good looking DE available for Linux ?

I have used Gnome, KDE, XFCE & LXDE/LXQT. I am at the moment using Lubuntu20.04 (LXQT).
    According to you which is the most good looking DE available for Linux ?
    I wont reinstall I will just install the new DE on top of Lubuntu & check out the look n feel.

I started using Linux a long time back but never cared about how my desktop looks.
    I dont know why but suddenly I am feeling this urge to decorate my desktop & make it look pretty.
    Lubuntu 20.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: According to you which is the most good looking DE available for Linux ?

Budgie desktop.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by makitso View Post
    Budgie desktop.
    Thanks. I am watching this video atm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mie0ScVslBo

What is that DE called which looks like MAC ?
    Lubuntu 20.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

budgie.jpg
    (Click to enlarge)
    This is how my desktop looks now.
    Lubuntu 20.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

That looks very nice! For me it was between Budgie and Ubuntu's slightly modified Gnome Shell. I opted for Ubuntu in the end because scaling in Budgie was not quite where I wanted it to be. I could achieve the look I wanted with the functionality with Budgie but the Yaru theme on Gnome combined with just a few minutes to tweaking won me over in the end. KDE is also looking better and better with each new release these days too! It's all up to person taste these days and it's great that we have so many options to choose!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

@exploder
    I have read many posts where people say that installing multiple DEs on a single installation messes things up otherwise if you ask me I want to install all the DEs & use what I want when I want.
    Lubuntu 20.04

Beans

xubuntu , obviously ...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by 3nd View Post
    xubuntu , obviously ...
    Honestly Xubuntu does what is it is supposed to do & that is run on less capable hardware but its not that good looking. Some months back I tried a distro called EndeavourOS. Their implementation of the XFCE desktop is simply stunning. Try Google or Youtube so that you get an idea how EndeavourOS XFCE looks like.
    Lubuntu 20.04

Beans

ok cool i've watched a few clips of EndeavourOS XFCE , looks alright .
    still thinks mine looks better though

but that's just according to me lol

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Deepin DE looks very nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast