Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you using a Microwave oven ? What recipes do you cook using your microwave?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Are you using a Microwave oven ? What recipes do you cook using your microwave?

Quote Originally Posted by francisbaud View Post
    I already cooked omelet in the microwave, but surely it doesn't count as a recipe (one ingredient).
    1 ingredient? Isn't that scrambled eggs, just over cooked?
    Omeletts have eggs, milk, butter, and veggies/meats - all blended/whisked together.

Waitress:
    What do you want in your omelette, sir?

Marty:
    Nothing in the omelette, nothing at all.

Waitress:
    Well, that's not technically an omelette.

Marty:
    Look, I don't want to get into a semantic argument, I just want the protein.
    From Grosse Point Blank

I have a passion for omeletts.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Are you using a Microwave oven ? What recipes do you cook using your microwave?

Any glass pot whose metal lid is very hard to open because of the vacuum inside ?
    Less than one minute in the oven does the trick.
    Happy user of Ubuntu-20.04 on a Beelink BT3pro mini PC

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by hk42 View Post
    Any glass pot whose metal lid is very hard to open because of the vacuum inside ?
    Less than one minute in the oven does the trick.
    What trick is that? What foods?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Microwaves lie! I put a potato in the microwave & pressed the Pop Corn button. When it dinged I opened the door and it was STILL a potato!

Microwaves are okay, but still use the oven/stove top more.
    This post is like Brigadoon!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Tubers!!! Completely forgot those. I cook potatoes and sweet potatoes in the microwave too. 8m each poked and wrapped in a wet paper towel. Much faster than 45-60 min the oven at 450 deg.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I don't really cook stuff in the microwave, but I've been spoiled by my air fryer.

Come to think of it, I haven't tried to cook a potato in the microwave in a long time.

Baked potato sounds yummy too...
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Much better than boiled for a medium size fish.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    Tubers!!! Completely forgot those. I cook potatoes and sweet potatoes in the microwave too. 8m each poked and wrapped in a wet paper towel. Much faster than 45-60 min the oven at 450 deg.
    That is also one of my major uses of the microwave along with the fish as mentioned by corradoventu; can't beat fish cooked in a covered dish with a slice of lemon and a bit of butter on top.
    The potato always goes in the hot oven as well for 5 - 10 mins, if it's already hot, to crisp up the skin.
    My mouth's watering already!

Beans

The baked apples in my microwave come out just magical!

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

I use a convection microwave oven, cooks anything an electric oven can + microwave can join in. Pork, beef wrapped in foil watch me Star Trek and wait for the ding.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123