Thread: No display after restart with two display ubuntu 20.4 and 20.10

Beans

No display after restart with two display ubuntu 20.4 and 20.10

I am having a problem with Duel Monitors. I am running cinnamon remix Ubuntu 20.10 on Asus B400A lnoting happensaptop. The same problem exists on Ubuntu 20.04

I can attach the second monitor and it works fine. If I restart then both screens are blank and the system is locked up. I tried key combos and nothing happens. To get it to restart at all I have to remove the second monitor and power off and on. I tried using ubuntu interface as a default same problem.

I did a test by installing 20.10 plus remix on a Hp pro x2 g1 laptop as a duel boot with windows 10. Two monitors work fine on windows 10 on restart. Blank Screen on restart.

If I cant get this work I have to abandon Ubuntu and start to look for another windows replacement. Any help would be most appreciated.
    Last edited by howefield; February 3rd, 2021 at 08:45 PM.

Beans

Re: No display after restart with two display ubuntu 20.4 and 20.10

Thread moved to the "Ubuntu/Debian BASED" forum.

Beans

Re: No display after restart with two display ubuntu 20.4 and 20.10

After about 10 installs and everything I could find to do and nothing works I tried LinuxMint same problem. With LinuxFX i can reboot without a freeze only if i use two monitors durring the install, but the screen flickers. A day or two latter trying everything sugguested fix the flicker and it still flickers. My conclusion is anything ubuntu 20 based does not support a restart with two monitors. Windows works fine on the same pc. So if you need a two monitor setup and dont want to remember to unplug hdmi first and restart then stick to windows. Of course remote admin is impossible since you cant restart. why ubuntu developers cant solve such a fundamental issue seems strange plus there is noone to ask.

Has Anyone been sucessful on reboot of a two monitor system I love to hear about.

any suugestions of a open source non ubuntu implementation replacement for windows let me know, especially if you can work with two monitors on reboot,