Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lubuntu booting vevry second time only

Beans

Re: Lubuntu booting vevry second time only

Yes. It only boots every second time, but I guess I can live with that since it's not my primary computer or laptop.

Beans

I've cleaned the RAM stick and put it into different slot. That did not make any difference.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

The live I mentioned was for testing purposes.

If it's a config issue with your install, you won't have the issue at all when using the live media, however if it's hardware related, the issue will occur regardless of what live media is used.

Using live media also lets you try different kernels, eg. Lubuntu 20.04 LTS & 20.04.1 LTS media used the 5.4 GA kernel, where as Lubuntu 20.04.2 LTS media uses a later 5.8 kernel (or 20.10 kernel). If you expand to also testing different OSes or releases, you can try different kernels & thus gain more detail as to is it related to a specific kernel (ie. driver issue as drivers are kernel modules).

Lubuntu 18.04 LTS & 18.04.1 LTS media used the 4.15 kernel, 18.04.2 used 4.18 (or 18.10), 18.04.3 used the 5.0 or 19.04 kernel, 18.04.4 used the 5.3 or 19.10 kernel etc.. Because they have different kernels, they'll have different kernel modules allowing you to test different versions of drivers (some may be the same software, just re-compiled; but it's still clues).

This is what I like about live testing, it allows a great deal of detail to be gained, without installing anything on the actual box; just downloads of the ISO & writing to media for testing. As I do that often, it's fast & easy, though it may involve more work for someone unaccustomed to doing it.

Beans

Some days ago I visited a family-friend which diagnosed the laptop and said it was a hardware issue and that I should just live with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12