Thread: More forum issues...

Beans

More forum issues...

Issue 1:

Just typed out a tutorial on solving an external hard drive issue i was having in the hardware forum.

Forgot to Select All -> Copy just in case. Pressed Submit. Vbulletin gave me 'expired token' issue. I'm logged in.

Pressed 'Back'. Lost it all.

I'm on android.

Issue 2:

I usually repost to forums I've already posted in by finding my previous thread. Then clicking on the chosen forum link to repost to the same forum.

Maybe I'm missing something. But I can't find a link to the 'Forum Feedback' forum anywhere in my previous thread. See screenshot.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YHvEbxLNYRvmumCx8

Issue 3:

Still having issues with finding my posts.

See...

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2453772

Issue 4:

Can't seem to select prefix for my thread on android. I want to mark a thread [SOLVED] in the hardware forum.

I can edit thread on android but can't seem to change prefix. Annoying.

Issue 5:

Where is user control panel? I want to toggle my notification settings to select email notifications on by default.

But when I press Profile on android. The Search button activates. See above thread. Looks like someone tried to fix this issue but failed.

Thanks
    Last edited by dbee; January 30th, 2021 at 05:31 AM.

Beans

Re: More forum issues...

In other news. I have some experience developing PHPBB forums. Quite a while ago.

Looked at the vbulletin docs. Can't find anything relevant. But there's usually a way of writing persistent code to make changes to the platform and not have those changes overwritten by an update?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

The best we can ever do is report things to Canonical. The members of the Forums Staff are not Canonical employees and we can't make any changes to the forums software. We are simply given the platform by Canonical in order to have the Ubuntu Forums.

We have not had ... uh ... swift responses from Canonical in the past.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Yes the forum software does not handle mobile devices that well but the message:
    Vbulletin gave me 'expired token' issue.
    is not because you were using a mobile device it is because you had the window open to long typing your post before you actually submitted it hence the message expired token, I personally do very little with my cell phone it is just to risky as a moderator, when I have a detailed post to write I write it in a word processor like libreoffice wtitter first so I can save it then copy and paste it in one shot to the forum, it would have also probably been fine if you had copied the post then opened a new window to the forum and pasted your post into it.
    Looked at the vbulletin docs. Can't find anything relevant. But there's usually a way of writing persistent code to make changes to the platform and not have those changes overwritten by an update?
    The Admins do not have access to make these kind of changes, Canonical IS handles all these kind of changes to the Vbulletin once the tickets are submitted all we can do is wait and I would not get your hopes up for mobile devices to work well with our forum software anytime soon.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

The only time I use Forum Search is for my old posts.
    https://ubuntuforums.org/search.php?search_type=1
    I add oldfred for username and check exact name and all my posts come up. Ones with newer post are bolded.

For any sort of search I find google better. I use site:ubuntuforums.org and then what I am looking for.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.