Thread: lossless cut 3.30.0 stopped playing audio

Beans

lossless cut 3.30.0 stopped playing audio

Over the weekend, Lossless CUt - which I use to edit my video classes so it is important to my work - stopped playing audio. While playing video for editing, there is now no audio when last week there was. Has it been affected by an update of Ubuntu 16.04? I have played video in generic player and Chrome and they both play video with audio. I have upgraded Lossless cut to newest edge version that came out on the same day but still no audio. I did not update Lossless Cut before the error appeared. I might have updated Ubuntu since I used it last but nothing else has changed.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: lossless cut 3.30.0 stopped playing audio

Support for 16.04 ends in a few months - before the end of this school session. Upgrade to 20.04 (any DE) or 18.04 with the gnome3 DE. All other DEs on 18.04 have support that ends April this year too.

I have a system that lost audio 2 weeks ago. I haven't looked into it. I suspect it was just a boot-driver thing, but since I reboot that machine only once a week or every other week, I simply haven't gotten around to seeking a solution. Mine is an 8th-gen Core i5 with onboard audio/video. No external AMD or nVidia anything.

I don't use lossless cut, but other audio players and the browsers all stopped working.

For most audio issues, there is the "audio troubleshooter" which should be run to capture everything about the system, then post the created file here or on paste.ubuntu.com and hope some guru sees a problem.

Beans

Thank you very much for advice
    I love 16.04
    I don't know audio trouble shooting except where Ubuntu has no sound there are steps I hve followed
    This error is just for one software Lossless Cut
    I will try it on 20.04 as you suggest
    Than you again

Beans

I tried Lossless Cut 3.31.1 on a clean build of Ubuntu 20.04.1 and there was no sound so I think the problem is with Ubuntu?