Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: photos are disappearing in Shotwell

Beans

Re: photos are disappearing in Shotwell

just remind me what i should do in this instance of trying to install it?
    Screenshot from 2021-04-09 14-09-11.png
    my desktop computer has Ubuntu 20.10 64bit alongside windows 10 as dual boot

Beans

Try:
    Code:
    sudo apt install digikam

Beans

In requesting assistance:
    Specify the source of the files. Camera or other storage device, local or remote. This will indicate possible download speed and/or capability.
    Specify the destination. Computer (processor), size of RAM. May indicate capacity to process the download.
    The size of each file or the total size of the download. Will indicate the possible time for the download to complete. Termination during download will likely cause loss of complete download. A download of 2Gb could take several minutes.

From a camera or similar local device just use File Manager and watch for the completion of the process.
    To organise the files, delete, rename etc use Thunar File Manager/ Bulk Rename application(s). To process individual pic files use Fotoxx.
    From a remote source download, use if possible FileZilla or similar application. Again wait for the process to complete.

Beans

thanks.
    i now have both old and new version of digikam. how can you delete the old one?

i've opened the new digikam program and after completing the "wizard" the 14,000 files are being loaded. hopefully it will work..

Beans

ok.
    so i want to update you that after a lot of proccecing time, nothing is shown when i click on all the folders.
    shoudn't it show all the content of my files at once?
    adding a screenshot so you can see it yourselfScreenshot from 2021-04-10 11-33-21.jpg

edit:
    perhaps i need to change folders names to english?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12