Thread: adobe acrobat pdf

Beans

adobe acrobat pdf

Hi, I have installed adobe acrobat in ubuntu 30.10, but I don't find the utility TAKE A SNAPSHOT under EDIT. does anyone know how to get it or installing a program that provides it?

Beans

Re: adobe acrobat pdf

Hi, I have installed adobe acrobat in ubuntu 30.10

I expect that is a typo and you meant 20.10? Does acrobat function in other way? Did you install it in a manner similar to that described at the link below? I've never used it so can't help with the specific question about take a snapshot.

https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-insta...al-fossa-linux

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Firstly I assume you typed 30.10 mistakenly and meant 20.10 but can you confirm that.
    Secondly what exactly did you install; was it the old version of Adobe Acrobat Reader that used to be installable in Ubuntu?
    I think there is no point trying to go further with this as there are currently no Adobe products available for Linux distros.

There are, however, many different packages available to view PDF documents, many of them able to do a lot of the usual things users need, but bear in mind that the PDF file format started as a means of distributing documents ensuring that they could not be edited by the recipient.

I have not used Windows or Adobe Acrobat Reader for about 16 years so can not tell you more about that application, but tell us exactly what you want and we may be able to tell you how to do it using native Linux applications that are available to us.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

What do you get if you hit Shift+PrtScreen? Does it bring up an application to take a screenshot? (I use Kubuntu which has this facility, though I think it's pretty common across Ubuntu "flavors.") My application lets me specify a rectangular window to capture. Here's an example from a PDF opened in Okular:

If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

20.10, i regret for mistake. I think I will install Okular. thanks to SeijiSensei. thanks to all

Beans

I removed adobe , I think it's totally unnecessary in linux. Document wiewer is very good. Now capture by shift+stamp