Thread: Weird message about Wireless keyboard very low in power when changing to tablet mode

Beans

Weird message about Wireless keyboard very low in power when changing to tablet mode

I have a laptop Dell Inspiron 7306 2-in-1 with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. When I convert the laptop to tablet mode and try to use the software keyboard in the touchscreen, Ubuntu sends a notification to the screen saying: Wireless keyboard is very low in power (1%). This device will soon stop functioning if not charged. And suddenly the touch screen just stops responding to user interaction and I have to go back to laptop mode turning back the keyboard to the front.
    On a similar scenario: The laptop comes with a smart pen. When I try to use it without going into tablet mode, the touchscreen does respond to the pen input, but the message about the wireless keyboard with very low power (1%) persists. Also, in Settings->Power->Devices I have the Pen, at 100% and a device called CUST0000:00 04F3:2A2F at 1%, that I supossed is related to the problem.

Additional information: Ubuntu 20.04 Linux kernel 5.8.0-38-generic 64bits.
    In PowerStatistic there is a device called keyboard_hid_0018o04F3o2A2Fx0001_battery, that says
    - No suply
    - State: Discharging
    - Percentage: 1.0%

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Weird message about Wireless keyboard very low in power when changing to tablet m

I am just taking an semi-educated guess, but I think it's hardware/Wndows 10 operating system related issue. And I would hazard a guess that a driver isn't made to make it work how you want.

I did some Googling and that's this is just my best guess, I very well could be wrong though.

Is this your laptop: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/insp...-2-in-1-laptop

and here's a discussion about a similar problem with Ubuntu 20.04 on Inspiron laptops: https://www.dell.com/community/Linux...7675955#M17483

AGAIN, I am very tired and could be wrong.

Edit: They appear to be Windows 10 machines, not Linux Ubuntu, so it might take a while for compatibility to start becoming a thing, again, I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Swan_DB; January 22nd, 2021 at 08:36 AM. Reason: grammar and Edit section