Thread: Which one is better for Ubuntu 20.04, normal ubuntu or ubuntu safe graphics?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Question Which one is better for Ubuntu 20.04, normal ubuntu or ubuntu safe graphics?

Which one is better for Ubuntu 20.04, normal ubuntu or ubuntu safe graphics?
    I tried normal ubuntu mode and due to small screen size and then I turned on fractional scaling 150% but I saw screen getting blurred on scrolling, that's why I'm asking which one will solve my problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Which one is better for Ubuntu 20.04, normal ubuntu or ubuntu safe graphics?

Those mode are applicable to the live session / installation ONLY!

So, if the normal mode has issues use safe graphics instead. When running the installed system all graphical drivers and optimal settings are supposed to be in use so it doesn't matter.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Which one is better for Ubuntu 20.04, normal ubuntu or ubuntu safe graphics?

OK thank you btw can suggest me anything on screen getting blurred problem.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If the screen is small and built in, then the video adapter may not have the computational power or video memory to refresh the screen fast enough. Hardware specifications might be useful. Please.

There might be a flavour of Ubuntu that might not require the graphical processing power that Ubuntu and the Gnome desktop requires. Some claim that Xubuntu and Lubuntu are faster on certain hardware than Ubuntu. This could be because the desktop environment requires less computation power.

Regards
    Last edited by grahammechanical; January 16th, 2021 at 04:43 PM.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I have ThinkPad E14.