Thread: Games Testers

Beans

Games Testers

Hi I have been making a small game on Steam and I am considering including a Linux build in the next month or so and was wondering if anyone would be interested in play testing the game? Its still very early access and more of a sandbox experience atm but we would like to get Linux support in place asap and sadly due to hardware limitations and my laziness in setting up a dual boot I currently don't have a Linux desktop at my disposal, this will be changing when my next hardware upgrade comes around though and hopefully Windows will be reserved for testing and a bit of SeaOfThieves.

If play testing and providing constructive feedback on a early access game perks your interest get in touch we could use your help

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Games Testers

maybe you should explain what type of game is it. exploration, survival, sandbox, strategy, FPS.... that way people that like certain type of games could join you. i used to do testing for some project back in the days. but no time now to even game, let alone to test things out & report. also plenty of that at work...

also sea of thieves works on proton. why would you need windows for that?
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans

Re: Games Testers

Thanks for the heads up not up to date been a few years since I've had a Linux based desktop so ill check that out at some point... At the moment the game is more of a sandbox open world experience based around commerce, property and the trade in illicit substances, with some basic rpg elements set in a 3d world. Story/questing is in the works along with a multiplayer component and plenty more for the future.

Don't suppose we have VST(audio plugins) support these days as well, get me some GuitarRig on the go as well I might be doing a reinstall tonite?