Thread: Audio and Firefox

Beans

Audio and Firefox

I am using Ubuntu 20.** on a Raspberry Pi 4b. The audio using their NOOBS OS works fine.
    I am getting NO AUDIO when using FIREFOX. I am, however, getting working audio on Chrome and everything else I have tried. I am using audio over an HDMI connection.

I have tried everything that I can find dealing with the Firefox help pages and have had no luck making sound work.
    Googling this problem seems to provide limited answers all of which I have tried, with the limited knowledge I have of Linux, and not wanting to really mess things up.
    Raspberry Pi forums have been almost no help and contain the same recommendations I find on Google.
    I find similar problems here but just can not seem to find a Firefox only answer.

I am returning to Linux after years away after getting up the courage to try it again.

Has anyone else out there had this experience and what did you do to solve the no sound out problem?

Beans

Re: Audio and Firefox

Note that in Firefox, every Tab can be muted, so right click the tab and try to unmute it.

Beans

Thank you for the response. That is one of the things I tried but went back and tried again just to make sure and still no luck.
    Again, thank you for responding.

Beans

I, according to the firefox update in the browser am running the most current version -- V84 for Linux. That was confirmed by Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Any clues from looking at pavucontrol while Firefox is trying to play audio?
    Do you have the needed codec for the audio in question available to Firefox?

Beans

Thank you that seemed to take care of the problem with Firefox. I appreciate your response...now I will sit down and try to figure out what i messed. Again Thank you.