Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I enable mounting of HDD automatically in a computer with SSD and HDD?

Beans

Re: Should I enable mounting of HDD automatically in a computer with SSD and HDD?

If you are going to be using it regularly and keeping it attached, then permanently mount it. You can do all of this during the install.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Arrow Re: Should I enable mounting of HDD automatically in a computer with SSD and HDD?

FWIW, I'd installed multiple hard drives on my currently-unable-to-boot Hot Rod gPC (see "Hot Rod gPC down, need motherboard"), and HDD boot sequence is an option in most BIOS setup utilities. The GIGABYTE® GA-MA78GM-S2HP v2.0 has always been finicky about i8042 keyboards, and I'd rather land something less finicky prior to ordering a 3270/5250 Emulator (i8042 interface) from Unicomp®; the GIGABYTE® GA-MA78GM-US2H (any hardware Version) and ASUS® M3A78-EM (any hardware Version) should be able to take the AMD® Athlon 64® 3500+ CPU (I've already shortlisted the Athlon II® x2 220 for MPU upgrade, as it matches the performance of the original, since kaputt, 95max W Athlon64® X2 5600+ on 65max W), 1 GiB x 4 DDR2-800 unbuffered non-ECC main memory, and one Western Digital and three Toshiba SATA HDDs from the down GA-MA78GM-S2HP v2.0; I'd listed the WD on SATA 0 as the first when the gPC was last up.

A CPU/chipset upgrade will force reinstall of 20.04.1-LTS Focal but might give opportunity to retrofit a "smallest-available" SSD for /boot.
    Video Drivers:
    nVIDIA® nForce® chipsets require discrete GPU's up to Kepler and appropriate nVIDIA Kernel modules.
    Most intel® ExpressSets™ and AMD® RS-Series are fully supported in open source.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12