Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Microsoft Teams For Ubuntu?

I see they've also created flatpak version:
    https://flathub.org/apps/details/com.microsoft.Teams
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by deadflowr View Post
    I see they've also created flatpak version:
    https://flathub.org/apps/details/com.microsoft.Teams
    That was mentioned earlier. I looked at it it seems to be the same version as the snap.
    I've never used a flatpack and have little interest in adding yet another method of installing software to my computers. I'm still skeptical of snaps,

Beans

FWIW,

I've now installed Teams on three Ubuntu computers, one is a server that I haven't actually started Teams on yet. The other two are desktops with somewhat dated hardware I used the snap for one and downloaded the deb from the Microsoft website for the other. The Teams on the desktops seem to have fewer features than the version on my Windows desktop in my office. That may be because of the hardware. I understand Teams requires certain features in the CPU in order for some features like backgrounds to work. The Desktops are AMD Phenom II processors. The Server is a AMD FX and the Windows 10 Desktop is an AMD A-series with integrated GPU. It may also be that certain options are not turned on in Teams, although I couldn't find them in the Ubuntu desktop versions.

In order to really test it out I need to set up a meeting and see how they work. I'm also going to try my 1 year old Lenovo Ryzen Windows 10 laptop, it should have the latest features. I don't recall what kind of graphics hardware it has.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12