Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB Bluetooth dongle isn't being recognized in Settings

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: USB Bluetooth dongle isn't being recognized in Settings

Quote Originally Posted by extraspecialbitter2 View Post
    The WiFi USB dongle I'm using is from "Bros Trend", but is actually a Realtek product under the covers:

Code:
    pmena@pmena-7080=> usb-devices | awk '/0bda/' RS=T:  Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=12 Cnt=02 Dev#=  5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
    D:  Ver= 2.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1
    P:  Vendor=0bda ProdID=b812 Rev=02.10
    S:  Manufacturer=Realtek
    S:  Product=802.11ac NIC
    S:  SerialNumber=123456
    C:  #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=500mA
    I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 5 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=rtl88x2bu
    I bought it because the 7080 already had a Dell USB Bluetooth dongle that I thought would accommodate my Keyboard (a Logitech K380) and mouse (a Logitech M720). Silly me!
    This is what we hoped we would see with the Bluetooh dongle "Driver=rtl88x2bu" but for the bluetooth.
    Curious though dose'nt the keyboard and mouse have their own usb receiver?
    jeremy31 I'm going fishing, see you on the lake.
    EDIT: I wonder if "solaar" will work for your needs: https://github.com/pwr-Solaar/Solaar
    Last edited by 1fallen; January 10th, 2021 at 11:07 PM. Reason: added link
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    This is what we hoped we would see with the Bluetooh dongle "Driver=rtl88x2bu" but for the bluetooth.
    Curious though dose'nt the keyboard and mouse have their own usb receiver?
    jeremy31 I'm going fishing, see you on the lake.
    My workplace is a Windows shop. My guess is that they shipped me a dongle that would have worked fine with Windows but not with Linux. A few years back I bought a Plugable USB Bluetooth dongle that worked fine with my Debian laptop. I'll do a little more research to make sure that if I lay out any more money out-of-pocket it will be for a compatible device. In the meantime,a wired USB keyboard and mice is a reasonable workaround.

Sure enough, after buying a $15 Linux-friendly Plugable USB Bluetooth dongle I was able to see my Bluetooth devices, pair them, and connect. I'm typing this from my Bluetooth keyboard while also using my Bluetooth mouse. I'm going to mark this "resolved".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12