Thread: Ubuntu Server 20.04 does not launch minidlna server since upgrade to 20.04

Beans

Ubuntu Server 20.04 does not launch minidlna server since upgrade to 20.04

I have run mindlna video media server for years on ubuntu server prior to 20.04LTS upgrade but have had little success since and no recent updates have come up with any solutions to enable it to run again that I can ascertain. When installed on a ubuntustudio w/s it can be configured and runs OK just not on ubuntu server.
    Is there any specific reason for this or a fix to overcome whatever shortcomings there was on the upgrade that accidentally possibly prevents it now ?

Thanks

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Server 20.04 does not launch minidlna server since upgrade to 20.04

Please post
    Code:
    systemctl status minidlna
    I know nothing of Ubuntu Studio but this thread reminded me that I hadn't reinstalled it on my server when I did a fresh install to 20.04. I followed the Configuration Globally from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MiniDLNA. Restarted service and away it went. Make sure it's configured the same as needed.
    Last edited by Tadaen_Sylvermane; January 9th, 2021 at 03:39 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Ubuntu Server 20.04 does not launch minidlna server since upgrade to 20.04

You may need to run the enable command prior to the start command and I think you need minidlna.service not just minidlna
    Code:
    systemctl enable minidlna.service
    I have systemctl start minidlna.service as an alias (dlna+) as well as a stop alias (dlna-) to quickly allow me to start and stop it should I need to.

EDIT:
    Having just tried this out it appears that the word service is not needed for those commands; minidlna works when used alone.
    Last edited by ajgreeny; January 9th, 2021 at 04:14 PM.