Hello, good to everyone. Happy New Year.

I have a few months in the linux world and Xubuntu 20.04 and later Xubuntu 20.04.1 are my default operating systems on my Acer mini laptop.

I have another PC to which I want to install Kubuntu 20.04.1, since it has the power and the KDE graphical environment is beautiful. But I have a downside. I tried it some time ago and everything worked fine, but I don't like how it manages the trash can. I explain.

I have a partition «Data» (NTFS because I have dual boot and "defaults, permissions") in which I keep all my files. In Xubuntu /Ubuntu it creates a folder ".Trash-1000" or ".Trash-1001", depending on the users I have on my system. But in Kubuntu all the deleted files were moved to the "/home/.local/share/Trash/" folder and I don't want that to happen because it slows down the file deletion a bit, at the same time that it fills the partition where I have installed the system.

I read a post where it said that possibly my user and KDE do not have permission to create the $ topdir /.Trash-$uid directory. But I don't know how to give it permissions, since distros like Ubuntu/Xubuntu/Linux Mint deleted files from other disks without problems.

I translated it with google translate, sorry for the mistakes.