Thread: Covid-19 pandemic vaccination software

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Covid-19 pandemic vaccination software

I have just been thinking about the latest UK government announcements about vaccinations and the logistics requirements. I did a quick back-of-an-envelope calculation and concluded that each UK GP practice would need to vaccinate around 10 to 100 patients per hour at 8 hours per day and 7 days per week in order to achieve the goal of vaccinating 20% of the population in 3 months. There are many logistics problems to be solved and the first one involves the patient records. Patients have to be selected and notified. When they receive the vaccination, they need to be identified and recorded and sent away with a piece of paper showing their vaccination status. I'm thinking something like a ballot ticket or an airline ticket in 2 parts, maybe with a barcode or QR code. I wonder is it possible to develop software to generate the notification and recording paperwork. 100 patient notifications per practice per hour. The software would need to start from a name and address and a suitable identification number (NHS number?). It needs to be simple to use and reliable and run on as many platforms as possible and it is needed now. 7 days would be good, 2 months is much too late. While I am thinking mainly about the UK, I expect that the requirement is world wide. Most likely the doctors will want to stick with established systems but I can't see them operating at the speed required.
    Last edited by QIII; January 5th, 2021 at 07:25 AM. Reason: default text
    Toshiba L300 + netbooks etc.
    Experience: MSDOS 3.3..6.22; Windows 3.0, 3.11, 95, 98, XP,7; Linux - dual boot with Windows.
    In any completed construction project, at least 50% of the cost and effort goes to building the box to put it in.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Covid-19 pandemic vaccination software

This thread has nowhere to go but into the realm of politics.

Closed.
    Last edited by QIII; January 5th, 2021 at 07:26 AM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.