Thread: Merging identities

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Merging identities

Not sure how helpful the title is, but this is the problem.

For years I have posted here, using an old 32 bit laptop, and slowly upgrading to newer Ubuntu versions. Now I have moved to a 64 bit laptop, and installed, first 20.10, but then reverted to 18.04LTS.

This may be irelevant info, but in the process, I seem to have created at least one, if not two new identities for myself with new log on details.

In my latest post, 'Classic Gui in 2010?', I've just noticed that my ID/avatar etc., is not the same as the original post to the same thread.

Beginning to develop a split personality, so I'd be grateful for some help in sorting me out !

John ( I think)
    It's like doing jigsaw puzzles in the dark.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Merging identities

Hi grey1beard, we do not merge accounts, I can disable one account and also randomize the username, I assume you want to keep your original account and have the john-fanmaker account disabled, but please confirm that then I will disable the account you do not want to keep.

Thread Moved to the Resolution Centre.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro

Many thanks for picking up my problem.
    Though I'm not sure which way to go, I think whichever account retains the hamster avatar and the grey1beard user name will be good.
    My fear is that I may have created a problem with signing in via Ubuntu One, but I'll cross that bridge if it appears in front of me.
    Happy New Year, and keep safe and well.
    Regards, John

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

The second account has been disabled and the username randomized, Happy New Year to you as well.

You're welcome!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Note of action - grey1beard account re-enabled. john-fanmaker account named back to john-fanmaker from randomised username (so that I can find the damn thing again if needed!!!!). Email associated with john-fanmaker account released for re-use if needed.

See also - https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2456637
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

Many thanks to you for your forbearance.
    I now feel reborn, and shall pour myself a stiff drink to celebrate !

John

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Please also read my comments in your thread started with the fanmaker account - https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2456637

I see that you haven't visited the thread with ether of your active identities yet.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

Er, I thought my reply above, #6, showed that, posted 10 hours ago, before your latest post.
    As far as I can see I'm good to go, and you can delete anything other than my grey1beard user name and its associated settings.
    I've even got my avatar reset !
    Keep well and safe,
    Regards
    John

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Well - you have only just visited https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2456637 a few minutes ago with your grey1beard account. I wanted to be sure that you had read a couple of points I make which are not stated in this thread.

We do not delete accounts - https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2231107.

I have now disabled the fanmaker account. I should re-iterate what I said in the other thread. You have three Ubuntu One SSO accounts, all apparently still active last time I checked, and which are linked, respectively, to this grey1beard account, the fanmaker account and the john-fanmaker account. What you do with the latter two SSO accounts is up to you, but if you try to log into the forum with either you will not get anywhere. Please be sure you have your login credentials for the SSO account linked to grey1beard.