Thread: Wireless network too slow and unreliable

Beans

Wireless network too slow and unreliable

Hi,

I am dual-booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.10 in my laptop and I have a wireless network issue in Ubuntu. The internet speed is too low compared to Windows 10. I only reach Kbps in Ubuntu while in W10 it's always Mbps. Besides the speed, the connection breaks every now and then in Ubuntu. The status bar shows I am connected to the internet but both my upload and download speed falls down to 0. I found other people were having similar issues with Ubuntu 20.04 and the fixes they suggested didn't work for me. Has anyone faced the same issue and found a fix yet?

Thanks.

Beans

Re: Wireless network too slow and unreliable

I doubt if you will get any help without posting some details. Run the commands below and post the output here.

Code:
    lspci | grep -i wireless
    Have you gone through the wireless troubleshooting documentation at the link below?

https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubunt...-check.html.en

If you have inxi installed, running the command: inxi -N will give the network card and driver info.

Beans

Re: Wireless network too slow and unreliable

Hi,

The command lspci | grep -i wireless doesn't return anything. However, I ran lshw -C network and got the following details

*-network
    description: Wireless interface
    product: RTL8822BE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi adapter
    vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
    physical id: 0
    bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
    logical name: wlo1
    version: 00
    serial: 74:40:bb:49:e4:bd
    width: 64 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
    configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rtw_8822be driverversion=5.8.0-33-generic firmware=N/A ip=192.168.0.103 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11
    resources: irq:142 ioport:3000(size=256) memory:a4000000-a400ffff

The troubleshooter is basic and doesn't list my problem.