Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: ATI Divers v0.2

Beans

Re: HOW TO: ATI Divers v0.2

Thanks for this guide, the "other one" crashed my screen...
    This one works with the regular kernel in no time!

Now i've only got one question. How do i configure my TV settings? I wanted to make it like the windows version of the drivers that opened TV to full screen size whenever theres some video running.

I've downloaded fglrx-control but how can i use it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Talking Re: HOW TO: ATI Divers v0.2

Awesome tutorial. This worked wonders on my desktop Now onto my laptop to do the config for nvidia

[Edit] Let me take that back. I still cannot change resolutions on the fly now...gives me an error saying:

The X server does not support the XRandR extention. Runtime resolution changes to the display size are not available.
    Last edited by Riggs; April 9th, 2005 at 05:31 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Re: HOW TO: ATI Drivers v0.2

Thanks for the info, agt-get tells me I've allready got the latest fglrx module, and I do, but that's not really my problem.

glxgears works, gets about 3000fps
    fgl_glxgears get's about 600 fps

so GL is working at some level, but it's a very low-quality level, I also have dual boot with redhat FC 3 which I didn't like very much, but I did install the rpm successfully for my Radeon 9800 Pro and then installed doom3, and it was good
    when I boot into ubuntu I notice it's very low texture quality, very blurry, and the brightness slider of doom3 (in game) has no effect, even after a restart of the game. under FC3 the slider has an affect in real-time.

any suggestions? does anybody else out there have doom 3 installed under ubuntu 5.04 who can or can't use the brightness slider?
    Desktop System: [ Dual Boot (bootloader: grub) -> Windows XP SP2 - deprecated :: Ubuntu 6.06 ]
    Laptop: ASUS W1 :: All Ubuntu, baby!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thanks for the how-to.

First time when I tried this, I got my xorg.conf messed up, but well it was easy to copy backupfile ower it.. Well anyway I was thinking that manually editing isn't my way to go yet, so I decided to follow steps in here. Well I got tv-out working but no 3d, and xorg.conf was messy to read after fglrxconf (atleast in my opinion). Well then I was thinking that what the heck I will try it manualy like you are telling us to do in here.

Well that's for the history, now I have managed to get working xorg.conf file, but when I try to type 'fglrxinfo' to the terminal I got this out:

display: :0.0 screen: 0
    OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
    OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.2.1)

so there's no ATI in there..(I got ATI 9600 btw)

And when I try (have done this at begin but now trying again cause there is mesa not ati) that 'sudo apt-get install linux-restricted-modules-2.6.10-5-k7 xorg-driver-fglrx' it tolds me that I have newest version installed.

So could you told me what could go wrong? Should I remove all ati stuff and try install again or what? And sorry for stupid questions.
    Linux: Be root
    Windows: Reboot

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

uggeli,

it may still be using ati in the xorg.conf; open that file and search for fglrx and output the full line for every match you get.
    Desktop System: [ Dual Boot (bootloader: grub) -> Windows XP SP2 - deprecated :: Ubuntu 6.06 ]
    Laptop: ASUS W1 :: All Ubuntu, baby!

Beans

wonderfull!!! This works great! : )

Beans

Brilliant stuff. This is the only ATI configuration I have ever got going.
    I reckon the guide should be put somewhere more prominent....

Cheers mate! My ubuntu is now complete.

Zane Ritchie

Beans

I think I did the ATi config before, the one you warn against. It used to work fine, but fglrxinfo would return the regular MESA drivers, so I'm guessing I didn't have the fglrx drivers configged right...

The only thing I needed to change in my xorg.conf (yes, AFTER making a backup) was this:

Section "Module"
    SubSection "extmod"
    Option "omit xfree86-dga"
    EndSubSection

Load "GLcore"
    EndSection

The omit option was there, but commented out, I added the GLcore load myself. That was all. Now fgl_glxgears starts up (wouldn't before) and reports about 300 FPS, glxgears reports about 3-4 times more than on the MESA drivers (around 1100) and fglrxinfo tells me this:
    Code:
    OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: RADEON 9600 Generic
    OpenGL version string: 1.3.4769 (X4.3.0-8.8.25)
    So I'm happy!

Thanks for the help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by udha
    uggeli,

it may still be using ati in the xorg.conf; open that file and search for fglrx and output the full line for every match you get.
    I'm not sure did you meant thaat I shoud but here everyline where is fglrx or what. Well here it goesanyways:

Driver "fglrx"

Well that was it..

Will check that xorg.conf again which was for example in start of thread
    Linux: Be root
    Windows: Reboot

Beans

worked great thnx u all

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast