Thread: Don't get emails for subscribed thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Don't get emails for subscribed thread

I have create a post in one of the forums, but do not receive any emails for updates to this thread.

My email hasn't changed in years, so not sure why this doesn't work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Don't get emails for subscribed thread

Hi, receiving notifications is a hit and a miss, some times you will receive them and in a timely manner and some times you will not, so you will want to still keep an eye out for new replies.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Don't wish to be controversial, but as a software engineer I find that answer somewhat perplexing.

There is usually a reason when things don't work as expected.

I got an email for your reply straight away, while I have received no emails for my other thread which has been going for a few days now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I got an email for your reply straight away, while I have received no emails for my other thread which has been going for a few days now.
    It's been that why for a long time now, but it seems to be better now then it use to be, we have no control over the issue being fixed it is up to Canonical IS, I which I had a better answer for you but I don't.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Server email programs are usually stopped from sending email whenever the OS is 90% or more loaded. Between all the searches and little forum spamming games, plus all the good reasons for these forums, I can easily believe that happens on this forums server multiple times a day.

If you click on the "Settings" link in the upper right-hand corner, any subscribed threads with updates will be displayed.
    Also, while I don't have any proof, but perhaps if there was an automatic unsubscribe for all threads over 3, 4, 5, 6 months old, then the DBMS wouldn't be nearly so busy. The notification function of the forum software could limit searches to only threads under 6 months old. But I've never setup or run forums software like this and don't have any clue how it really works underneath the GUI. I do know that every few weeks, a dead thread from last year will get a necro-post and it is a reminder to unsubscribe.

I'd love an easy way to unsubscribe from all old threads. I don't want to unsubscribe from all threads, just those over a few months old, en masse.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

I am facing the same issue. If this gets implemented at least members will get some kind of notifications >>> https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2456103
    Lubuntu 20.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by linuxyogi View Post
    I am facing the same issue. If this gets implemented at least members will get some kind of notifications >>> https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2456103
    I have all notification disabled. They are obnoxious interruptions - anti-stream-of-thought.

When I have a little time, I just click on the "Settings" to see threads here that have new comments.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    They are obnoxious interruptions - anti-stream-of-thought.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA32ikd9B34
    Lubuntu 20.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by linuxyogi View Post
    Thanks for that. I needed a laugh this morning.

We are all different. I prefer to control interruptions. During the day, I'll check email only a few times, unless there is some specific email expected.