Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone using MS Edge Dev for Linux?

Beans

Re: Anyone using MS Edge Dev for Linux?

I haven't tried it in Linux yet but I've set up Edge browser in a few Win 10 PC's and I find it almost indistinguishable from Chrome after importing everything from an existing Chrome browser. I've encountered zero issues on the one PC I use daily for streaming running Win 10 and Edge browser. So I'd say it just works - no complaints! I've used Chrome almost exclusively for over two years now in both Ubuntu and Windows so unless I encounter a reason not to I'll likely use Edge in the same way once the actual releases become available for Linux. I just don't have time to fiddle with "dev" or beta stuff right now, and if I did I'd be more inclined to use my time working on a totally open source project.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I will ask... "Why?"

Microsoft is the enemy of the Free Software People.
    Edge is the instrument of this enemy.

We can't use the instrument of the enemy! We can't do what the enemy wants! What happens if we all roll over and play dead, and just let Microsoft have their way with us?

Where would Tina Turner be right now if she'd rolled over and said, "Hit me again, Ike, and put some stank on it!"? Rollin' on the river, that's where she'd be. But she's beyond Thunderdome, because she decided to send a message!
    Holy Cripes on Toast!
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - ticopelp

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Shibblet View Post
    I will ask... "Why?"

Microsoft is the enemy of the Free Software People.
    Edge is the instrument of this enemy.

We can't use the instrument of the enemy! We can't do what the enemy wants! What happens if we all roll over and play dead, and just let Microsoft have their way with us?

Where would Tina Turner be right now if she'd rolled over and said, "Hit me again, Ike, and put some stank on it!"? Rollin' on the river, that's where she'd be. But she's beyond Thunderdome, because she decided to send a message!
    I think Microsoft is ever-so-slowly becoming more open to FOSS as an ally rather than a foe that must be conquered. Then again maybe I'm just an optimist

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Please stay on topic and do not get into negative comments about Microsoft, as for the edge browser I see no point in using it, it is reworked based on Chromium, as such I will be using firefox or chromium when needed but I will never use it in Ubuntu, I tried the edge browser a couple of times before it was reworked in windows 10 and it did not perform very well.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

We have enough chromium variations, we need more choices. I'm more concerned about Firefox. Any FF variation is normally a one-man show, and could in a moments notice disappear.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Please stay on topic and do not get into negative comments about Microsoft, as for the edge browser I see no point in using it, it is reworked based on Chromium, as such I will be using firefox or chromium when needed but I will never use it in Ubuntu, I tried the edge browser a couple of times before it was reworked in windows 10 and it did not perform very well.
    Perhaps, I should introduce you to my friend "Humor." That was just a joke. I even pulled out the "Liar Liar" quote.
    Holy Cripes on Toast!
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - ticopelp

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by VMC View Post
    We have enough chromium variations
    Care to recommend one or two chromium variations?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

The OP has left the building , thread closed.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12