Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LibreOffice install costum

Beans
    Hidden!

LibreOffice install costum

Have tried allot already but doesn't seem to do what i want, i'm trying to install the latest libreoffice on the terminal with full dutch support and also dutch spelling check however i first need to fully purge the old installation and i want to install only writer and calc nothing else. I'm on ubuntu > popOs latest.
    Could anyone tell me the full way of doing this in the terminal?
    Last edited by coffeecat; December 24th, 2021 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Restored original post content

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: LibreOffice install costum

Why not install synaptic to do the job?

Beans
    Hidden!

I like to not install other software to do other stuff, just wanne use the needed only and through the terminal
    Last edited by coffeecat; December 24th, 2021 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Restored original post content

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I suggest you enable the LO-Fresh ppa which will give you version 7.0.4 at the moment.
    It does not install any beta versions, only those that are the latest stable version so you should find it works very well. I've been using it for a few years now with no problems so it's worth a try.

All instructions for enabling and using are at https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
    Last edited by ajgreeny; December 20th, 2020 at 12:10 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Currently libroffice 7.0.3.1 in the english language is installed and i am looking for the dutch version UI, i managed to do it after sometime but the entire UI seems like windows 98, so i messed up somewhere.
    Anybody out there that knows how to have everything in Dutch (netherlands)?
    Last edited by coffeecat; December 24th, 2021 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Restored original post content

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Why don't you use the download page from the LibreOffice site? It offers the possibility to get any native language you want (bottom of the green frame).
    Use the 6.4.7 for a more stable version.
    Better install all packages anyway. You may have to use one or another in the future. There is no point not installing all the suite. It won't spare much room on your HD.
    Ubuntu user # 14396

Beans
    Hidden!

I don't like unneeded stuff on my laptop. isn't there a way to do this with the terminal?
    Last edited by coffeecat; December 24th, 2021 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Restored original post content

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Once you've downloaded and unzipped the tarball, delete the packages you don't want and install with the standard command line (dpkg -i *.deb).
    Ubuntu user # 14396

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Sure you can use terminal.
    Run command
    Code:
    sudo apt install libreoffice-writer libreoffice-calc
    and just those two parts, plus other LO dependencies will be installed.

If you add the fresh PPA as I said in post #4 to get version 7.0.4 you can still do this, but I'm not sure about Dutch language from the PPA..

Beans
    Hidden!

No it is english.
    Last edited by coffeecat; December 24th, 2021 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Restored original post content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast