Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rufus for ubuntu ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Rufus for ubuntu ?

I mainly use mkusb in Ubuntu because I like a Persistence partition and a dedicated Data partition and the program has other tools for playing with USB drives.

Ventoy is not bad, it also allows persistent partitions but Data has to share a partition with the OS ISO's.

If I just need a quick OS installer USB, I use Gnome-Disks.

Beans

Thanks all for your kind replies. As to a Rufus user (under windows 10), I was assuming that it will be also available in Linux. Unetbootin is the alternate I think but I have not yet used it.mkuse also seems fine.
    does both will work in xububtu as well?

Beans
    Hidden!

Yes. Install each of them from its PPA. Both have graphical user interfaces (GUI).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Since mkusb became available I have used nothing else. In my opinion it is very simple to use and quicker than many other applications I used in the past.

It uses dd in the background but takes a lot of trouble to ensure that there is just about no chance of dd becoming the "disk destroyer" or more correctly "data destroyer" (the disk can be reused even if you overwrite all the data on it) that it can be if you inadvertently choose the wrong destination device, ie disk, in your command.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VMC View Post
    I only use Ventoy now. Tried all the others. Ventoy is just to easy and has never failed.
    Looks nice. Would be nice with a GUI for the average Joe user

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12