Thread: Android phone no thumbnails displayed in Nautilus:

Beans
    Hidden!

Android phone no thumbnails displayed in Nautilus:

Hi there, I recently installed Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver with the GNOME Desktop on my computer. Below I have listed some output from
    Code:
    inxi -Fxz
    System:
    Kernel: 5.4.0-56-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 7.5.0
    Desktop: GNOME 3.28.4 Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS (Bionic Beaver)

Machine:
    Type: Desktop System: LENOVO product: 7033A2U v: ThinkCentre M91p
    serial: <filter>
    Mobo: LENOVO model: N/A serial: <filter> BIOS: LENOVO v: 9HKT50AUS
    date: 04/18/2012

I am able to preview thumbnails using Nautilus which are local on the harddisk from what I can tell just fine.

The problem is when I attach my Android phone by USB cable to my desktop computer, unlock phone and proceed to open Nautilus to view the phone's contents the image files do appear but don't have any displayed thumbnails.

Thumbnail-Failure-0.pngThumbnail-Failure-1.png

I am even wondering if the .pdf files are being shown properly since there is no preview/thumbnail displayed for them either. The .wav file appears to be displayed correctly I think?

I have installed ffmpeg thumbnailer as suggested from an article I was looking into this issue from. No change after logout for that either. Searching around I really haven't come across anything helpful really except perhaps the suggestion to "Set Nautilus preferences to display thumbnails always." (I can't seem to find where this is).

I don't want to start installing useless packages and mucking around so that is why I am asking for your advice on this situation. I do thank you for your help.
    Last edited by panorain; December 10th, 2020 at 04:27 AM.