Thread: 404 link on the main Lubuntu page?

Beans

404 link on the main Lubuntu page?

When I try to download Lubuntu 19.04 here, I get a 404 link stating that the requested URL was not found on this server. The alternates work but just thought I should bring this up in case it's a site issue.

Beans

Re: 404 link on the main Lubuntu page?

The official Lubuntu website is lubuntu.me

Also, version 19.04 is no longer supported, best to download a supported version. 20.04.1 has over 2 years of life left in it versus 20.10 which has about 8 months of life left.

GhX6GZMB is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans

lubuntu.net is NOT the official page, it's a cybersquatter creating lots of problems.

Please go through ubuntu.com and you'll find that lubuntu.me is the correct address.

Beans

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

As you've already become aware, you can only use search engines such as google, if you are capable of detecting legitimate sites from the fan or fake sites.

The site ubuntu.com can be trusted as it's under Canonical control (Canonical is the company, who along with the Ubuntu community, stands behind Ubuntu, ie. it's Canonical who's paying for this site's running costs). Ubuntu's web site will lead you to

https://ubuntu.com/download/flavours

which will send you to official pages for any Ubuntu flavor, which matches links already provided for Lubuntu.

Beans

Screenshot_2020-12-04_08-53-42.png

This is why I stick to the Ubuntu Forums whenever I want to download an ISO of the latest LTS release. At least here, I can trust the links.