Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gaming Upgrades - Spendy!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Gaming Upgrades - Spendy!

Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    read in the news - available in a few more EU countries. Can't wait mine to be added. maybe i should give it a go.

yes, but i think that single player games might play well on it. too many "battle royale" titles going out these days.
    I'm impressed with the service.

I compared the first part Destiny 2, and compared it to the Steam Version on my computer. As well as Tomb Raider (2016)
    Everything looks the same, and plays close enough to the same, that I didn't notice any differences between the two.

I mean, there is a little bit of latency... but it's minor. It's not enough to cause problems with the game play, for me anyway... Could be enough latency to cause problems for competitive gamers.

Regardless... I think it's great for those of us who just want to play a game (or two) and not have to go buy a bunch of new hardware just to play it.

And, again, it runs in a browser... Great for Linux users.
    Holy Cripes on Toast!
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - ticopelp

Beans

I recently upgraded my old computer to a new powerful laptop. I am happy with my choice because I have been choosing between a PC and a laptop for a long time. I still decided to buy here https://thecursedcrusade.com/best-gaming-laptop-under-600 / gaming laptop. Now I can take my laptop with me and go to friends to play various online games, I can sit and work in the park. Plus, I recently watched the Witcher series and decided to play The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.
    Last edited by gracegraham; April 8th, 2021 at 09:39 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Stadia is great, until Google kills it like it does something else every few weeks.
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/16/2...rogress-report

I'm tired of google killing things. For my sanity, just easier never to use them. If you go in knowing it is a "rental" and you don't own anything, can't play when the internet is down, and still want to give them money, great! That isn't me.

Linus Tech Tips (youtube channel) built a single PC to replace 4 gaming PCs in his home without any compromises. It was a 32-Core AMD monster and had fibre connections for the USB and DisplayPort runs around the house. 3 of the high-end GPUs - but I guess that's necessary when running Windows now. Most of us wouldn't be willing to spend that sort of money. The fibre switches were $1700 each but had zero latency. His VR rig worked too - if I caught that part of the video.

I did see that middle-end nVidia GTX GPUs will enable their remote streaming tech. AMD and Intel have something for that too. Of course, my GT will not support it, but I haven't finished some of the PS2 games here yet.

I suppose for the younger whippersnappers, games are the new books + TV + outdoor activities? My nephew doesn't own a car or TV or telephone, but he has a huge monitor for gaming and a high-end gaming computer. And a cat.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    Stadia is great, until Google kills it like it does something else every few weeks.
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/16/2...rogress-report

I'm tired of google killing things. For my sanity, just easier never to use them. If you go in knowing it is a "rental" and you don't own anything, can't play when the internet is down, and still want to give them money, great! That isn't me.

Linus Tech Tips (youtube channel) built a single PC to replace 4 gaming PCs in his home without any compromises. It was a 32-Core AMD monster and had fibre connections for the USB and DisplayPort runs around the house. 3 of the high-end GPUs - but I guess that's necessary when running Windows now. Most of us wouldn't be willing to spend that sort of money. The fibre switches were $1700 each but had zero latency. His VR rig worked too - if I caught that part of the video.

I did see that middle-end nVidia GTX GPUs will enable their remote streaming tech. AMD and Intel have something for that too. Of course, my GT will not support it, but I haven't finished some of the PS2 games here yet.

I suppose for the younger whippersnappers, games are the new books + TV + outdoor activities? My nephew doesn't own a car or TV or telephone, but he has a huge monitor for gaming and a high-end gaming computer. And a cat.
    Agree 100% Gaming is today's major Luxxury. A couple of years ago, the biggest thing was to buy a car. Now, it is a video game console.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by geekykhan View Post
    Agree 100% Gaming is today's major Luxxury. A couple of years ago, the biggest thing was to buy a car. Now, it is a video game console.
    I don't know... have you seen the prices on Video Cards?
    Holy Cripes on Toast!
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - ticopelp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12