Thread: unable to post

unable to post

Hello, I am unable to post questions in the forums, I have the same username and email address for my ubuntu one account and the ubuntu forums account. Is there something else I need to do to resolve this? Please let me know what information I can provide. Thank you very much, Joe.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: unable to post

You changed your forum email address but have not responded to the verification email sent to the new address. You need to click on the verification link in the email to re-activate the account.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Hi, thank you for the quick reply, I have responded to the confirmation email but am still unable to post. Do I have to wait a certain amount of time first? Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by worldwidejoe View Post
    I have responded to the confirmation email
    If you mean that you clicked on the link in the email, it should have verified your account almost immediately. Your account was still in the Users Awaiting Email Confirmation usergroup, so something must have gone wrong. I've done the necessary, so you should be OK now.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Hi, sorry to bump this but I'm locked out of my computer after an upgrade and I'm dead in the water until I can ask for some help. Any chance I need to do anything else to be able to post? Thank you very much.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Did you not read my second post in this thread? You were already good to go before your latest post.

Sorry, yes, I did click on the link in the email. All is working now, thank you very much for the help, I appreciate it. Joe.