Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for free email service

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: looking for free email service

i thought gmail needed some pre-existing email account. and i though that was the issue.

well if they use facebook, then facebook also has email.address is: *username*@facebook.com

more here for example: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/faceb...what_n_1627317

if they already have android then gmail is the way to go. if they need encrypted email service then options are protonmail and hushmail. but their storage is limited.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've used excite.com as a throwaway email address. It's pretty sucky but it works for infrequent use.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

excite still exists? looks like they don't know how to do a dual domain certificate. they are redesigning their site and their appears to be no place to register for email. i'll guess someone wiped their site, the code repository and all the backups.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    well if they use facebook, then facebook also has email.address is: *username*@facebook.com

more here for example: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/faceb...what_n_1627317
    i left him a message to try that.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12