Thread: Clean Browser Chrome

Hybrid View

Beans

Question Clean Browser Chrome

Dear Form,

This is simple an short when open a browser I don't want password's saved History Saved or Pins Saved on Home Page of Chrome...
    Basic Every Time I Open My Browser I Would Like to See This... Basically When I First Installed Chrome... IF POSSIBLE I do not think it is ( But I Don't Know if it's People )

https://www.androidpolice.com/wp-con...creen-hero.jpg
    Last edited by coffeecat; November 15th, 2020 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Reduced giant image to hyperlink

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Clean Browser Chrome

$ firejail --private {program tobe run}

This will make the underlying flle system that the program sees be empty with each invocation. Nothing can be saved from the program. Everything about the process is new, including the directories.

I don't/won't use chrome, but with chromium on 16.04, it works fantastic.

Other constraint systems like snap packages break this ability.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

@travisb9218, I've reduced the giant image in your post to a hyperlink. Please be considerate of those with limited bandwidth and those browsing the forum with small screen mobile devices, and avoid posting such unnecessarily large images. If you really need to post an image within a post, simply go to the advanced editor and use the paper-clip icon in the editor toolbar to upload your image to the forum server. That way you get a clickable thumbnail. No need to use off-site image hosting.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Start chrome with
    Code:
    google-chrome --password-store=basic
    See if that does what you want