Thread: Desktop icons remain hi-lighted/lit/on?

Beans

Desktop icons remain hi-lighted/lit/on?

Now using 20.04 As title, DT icons remain hi-lighted until either another icon or a blank space on the DT is clicked on, similar to a folder !

Is this normal behaviour for Files, that DT icons behave in the same way as folders?

If not, what can I do to revert to the previous 'Only on when clicked' option ?

TIA

Beans

Re: Desktop icons remain hi-lighted/lit/on?

Is there any point in posting when a topic hasn't had any views after a week? Surely the question isn't that obscure !

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

The view counter is broken. Eight forum members (so far) have viewed your thread. Presumably, none of them felt they had anything to offer.

If you do not get a reply after about 12-24 hours, you are welcome to bump your thread to bring it up to the top. Simply post "bump". That way, people from other time zones may notice it.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

tea for one is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

The question probably isn't obscure but the answer may be..............

You haven't mentioned which flavour of Ubuntu you use and, depending on the version and desktop environment, there are possibly different answers.

Beans

Thanks for the replies. The Ubuntu version is 20.04LTS if that's what you meant.... along with the Gnome 3.63.3 desktop.
    It's not a big deal but if there's an easy solution, I'd appreciate it. Cheers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Have you tried to disable and then re-enable the extension?

Possibly, reboot after disabling?

Just a guess, really, because I'm not a fan of Folders and Icons on the Desktop.

Beans

Not sure which extention you mean - I'm no expert in these things ! I turned off Extensions and fiddled with the various DT settings, re-booting each time but to no avail.
    It would be interesting to know if this is the default behaviour of this combination or I'm a one of. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

From the lack of responses to your original question, it looks like your problem is somehow unique to you, but nevertheless...........

Here is some info to help you move from no expert to comfortable Ubuntu user

You can access extensions on your PC via Show Applications > Extensions > Built-In (or Manually Installed)

For manually installed extensions, are you familiar with https://extensions.gnome.org/

More specifically for your question:-

https://extensions.gnome.org/extensi...icons-ng-ding/

Beans

Many thanks for going to that trouble. I'll do some experimenting with extensions.