Thread: Lost network

Beans

Lost network

I have an old Dell Inspiron laptop that has been running Xubuntu 18.04. Suddenly could not update, so I just attempted to reinstall. Now everything works except it can't connect to my LAN. Did lshw and got this:
    *-network description: Ethernet interface product: 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller vendor: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. physical id: 0 bus info: pci@0000:09:00.0 logical name: enp9s0 version: 13 serial: 00:23:ae:2e:8b:3d capacity: 100Mbit/s width: 64 bits clock: 33MHz capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd autonegotiation configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=sky2 driverversion=1.30 latency=0 link=no multicast=yes port=twisted pair resources: irq:18 memory:f68fc000-f68fffff ioport:de00(size=256)
    I have no idea what that tells me or how to connect to my network (which the previous version was able to do). I should add that the network manager shows no networks at all, other than "Ethernet."
    Update: Was able to connect with Belkin adapter, then it disconnected saying I had a local domain that was incompatible with Avahi. Have no idea what that means.
    Another update: Using the stickies I was able to update my Broadcom driver and connect normally without the Belkin, but I still keep getting the disconnect message. However, it is not disconnecting. What the hell? Is there any way to make that go away?
    Last edited by Lloydb39; November 12th, 2020 at 03:20 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Lost network

Thread moved to Networking & Wireless.