Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RTL8812AE drivers in 18.04 and 20.04

Beans

Re: RTL8812AE drivers in 18.04 and 20.04

Sorry, I got excited. It's an Intel chip, which I specifically looked for. It also has Bluetooth and that's working.

I agree it looks like the hardware is connecting but somehow it's not sending anything to the operating system.

What is happening now is that the little status icon in the upper left corner shows the wifi is not connected.
    It does show the USB wifi is connected.

No networks are listed in the select a network window.
    Code:
    ifconfig -a

wlp3s0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
            ether 9c:29:76:0c:e2:cf  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
            RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
            RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
            TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
            TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
    It doesn't show a IPV4 address and shows no traffic.
    I now think this is what has been happening all along and may be related to changes in the networking from 18.04 to 20.04.

Beans

I guess I forgot to post the response.

I got excited it is and Intel chip set, which I purchased especially. It has Bluetooth also.
    The Bluetooth works.

When I look at my desktop the little drop down shows two wifi adapters, a USB which is connected and the PCIe car with no connections.
    If I select the PCIe and look at available networks I don't get any.
    If I do run ifconfig -a The adapter shows up but doesn't have an IPV4 address and shows not traffic in either direction.

Beans

Re: I'm Back and thr Problem has Morphed

I'm back at this after some time away from the site.

When I originally posted thread I thought the problem was the drivers for a realtek chipset on a PCIe WIFI card. I worked through the various fixed and suggestions related to that card. I decided the card was probably defective and got another card with Intel chipset. It exhibits the same problem.

I cannot connect to a WiFi network with the PCIe card, when I look the GUI does not show any available networks and does not connect although various command line utilities recognize the card, list is options and show it can see various networks but a USB Wifi device connects (I've used 2 different ones with different chipsets).

The issue must be somewhere in the network configurations but I'm not where where to look. It appears to have started with the upgrade from 18.04 to 20.04, but I can't be sure.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

In order to be sure: Boot a live session of Ubuntu 20.04.

Beans

DId that and the PCIe card worked just fine. I simply had to enter the password for the WiFi network.

Beans

Turns out the problem was not hardware realated at all. See my other thread fro a continuation. https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2455149
    I'm marking this one solved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12