Thread: Mouse and Keyboard freezes after a few minutes

Beans

Mouse and Keyboard freezes after a few minutes

When using Ubuntu 20.04.1 my mouse and keyboard will freeze after 5-7 minutes. The system is not frozen, only the keyboard and mouse. I know this because when I connect an external drive after the freeze, it will still make the "device-connected" sound and shows that a drive has been connected.

This happens both in "try ubuntu" and after installing it alongside Windows (dual boot). When installing the first time, it even froze DURING the installation when I was lingering on one of the setup options. I had to restart the PC and installation and try to get to the last setup step as fast as possible so it would install before freezing.

I tried a wired mouse and wireless one; I even tried them both together.

When installing, I set ubuntu to update during installation as I read that updating can solve this. It didn't for me.

I can't use ubuntu now because the mouse and keyboard freezes after a few minutes of use.
    Any solutions?

Beans

Re: Mouse and Keyboard freezes after a few minutes

Beans

Thank you, for now I'm using Ubuntu in VMware because of that issue but next time I log into the installed version, I will try those suggestions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I wouldn't bother with that article because it isn't applicable.

Please post your hardware specifications before anything else.