Thread: Copying errors

Beans

Copying errors

I recently bought a double CD and converted it to MP3s. I connected my phone and copied the first part of the CDs contents over. About the 3rd song of 12 on the second CD the copying halteded reporting errors. I rebooted the system and tried again but it still reported errors and refused to copy the songs over to my phone. I have a dual Windows 10 / Ubuntu 20.04 system. I booted into windows 10 and completed the copying there.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Copying errors

I assume you want to know why the copy process did not work using Ubuntu, but without more information it's impossible to help you.

What was the error that was shown?
    How were the phone and computer connected; USB cable, bluetooth, wifi-network?
    What type of phone? I believe iPhones can be problematic, but have no Apple hardware to offer you anything more about that possible difficulty.

Give us as much information as you can and someone maybe can help you.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Were there any unusual characters in the name of that song? Those can cause problems.

Beans

It was a usb cable to an Alcatel 3L android phone with a 64 gig extra memory chip. I checked and there was actually 18 songs on the 2nd CD. The first 3 songs from the 2nd CD copied fine but then the copy process just hung and started reporting the errors. What the errors were I never really noted unfortunately. They survived a reboot. The album is called The Essential Van Morrison. Not sure theres any weird spelling or not but nothing I have noticed. The last song that copied successfully was titled "Tore Down a la Rimbaud" Changing to Windows 10 I didnt even need to disconnect my phone but that was the only way I was able to finish the copy over.
    Last edited by aughey; November 8th, 2020 at 07:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

What if you compress the files with ZIP and send the archive?
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users