Thread: A GUI for GNU Core Utilities

Threaded View

Beans

A GUI for GNU Core Utilities

Greetings,

Personally I am in love with Linux, I hope everyone starts using open source software and ditch other paid alternatives. Since Linux is open source I would like to do my fare share of service and help introduce people who don't know about or whomever is scared by the use of shell.
    As a project I am trying to create a GUI for the GNU Core Utilities; so users can click/choose arguments, options, choose files using a file browser instead of using the file path and so on. Then users will see the command they choose in the same way you would write it in the shell. So by time they ditch the tool and use the shell. Yes, I know it is not as effective or efficient, it is an introduction to the tools or just to show people what can you do with it.

I want to know what you guys think, is this project not worth it?, is it useless?, or is it something good.
    All your opinions are welcomed, please do tell what you think whether its positive or negative.

What do you think are the most used tools, or in your personal opinion you think it is more important.
    Thank You.
    Last edited by rsrch100; October 28th, 2020 at 11:10 PM.