Thread: firefox is now not allowing to switch windows with middle mouse click - how can i fix

Beans

firefox is now not allowing to switch windows with middle mouse click - how can i fix

two days ago after updating the system i started to notice that the middle button of the mouse does not switch windows in firefox anymore.
    instead it opens a new tab.

can you please tell me how it can be fixed?
    thanks
    my desktop computer has Ubuntu 20.10 64bit alongside windows 10 as dual boot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: firefox is now not allowing to switch windows with middle mouse click - how can i

Middle-button never did and still does nothing on mine.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: firefox is now not allowing to switch windows with middle mouse click - how can i

Type about:config in your adress bar, hit enter and search for middle. Maybe one of those options helps.

Beans

when clicking in the area with the middle button it was switching windows on my ubuntu
    a very comfortable thing
    2020-10-27_13-35.png

Beans

i will check your suggestion now
    edit:
    i don't know what to choose in "about:config" while searching for "middle"
    if you know for sure let me know

thank you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by ronjjjg8885 View Post
    two days ago after updating the system i started to notice that the middle button of the mouse does not switch windows in firefox anymore.
    instead it opens a new tab.

can you please tell me how it can be fixed?
    thanks
    Check Preferences > General > Tabs heading and see if you have "Open links in tabs instead of new windows" enabled.

You may need to restart Firefox.

Beans

Hmm, what is wrong with Ctrl Tab?

Beans

thank you but this is not what i meant

i think the reason for the change is the window manager. not firefox itself. but i'm not sure.
    Last edited by ronjjjg8885; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:26 PM.