Thread: [20.10] Show Applications Sorting

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Question [20.10] Show Applications Sorting

Does 20.10 no longer re-arrange icons in Show Applications automatically? For example, moving games icons into a "Games" folder leaves gaps on the first page, where as the second page is still full. Also, the "Utilities" folder is no longer created and populated and icons don't seem to be sorted alphabetically anymore. Is this by design as icons can now be positioned manually? I'm testing in Boxes, so not sure if this is the cause for my issues.

Last edited by Graham1; October 25th, 2020 at 05:51 PM.

Beans

Re: [20.10] Show Applications Sorting

As far as I know this is by design, at least with regard to sorting. A week or two ago I reported it as a bug, but was told there should be no sorting. It was however added to the wishlist for things to be added as an option. So maybe it will change.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: [20.10] Show Applications Sorting

Quote Originally Posted by rustikus73 View Post
    As far as I know this is by design, at least with regard to sorting. A week or two ago I reported it as a bug, but was told there should be no sorting. It was however added to the wishlist for things to be added as an option. So maybe it will change.
    Thank you for replying and also reporting this bug (to be later added as a wishlist). Hopefully an option will be added to toggle automatic sorting in the future.