Thread: 20.10 (Groovy Gorilla) Known Bugs and Workarounds

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

20.10 (Groovy Gorilla) Known Bugs and Workarounds

Groovy Gorilla (20.10) was released Thursday 22nd October 2020. Please post your tips and work-a-rounds here. Please do not post problems or ask for help in this thread.

Beans

Re: 20.10 (Groovy Gorilla) Known Bugs and Workarounds

Problem

I'm running 20.10 on a Raspberry Pi Model 4 and it's amazing how much works! Unfortunately audio is slightly broken, there's a talking underwater quality, choppy might be a better description.

Workaround

I added a basic USB audio dongle, cost about £7 on Amazon, and took analogue audio from it. The sound is as good as any such dongle can be, without the annoyances of the internal sound card.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: 20.10 (Groovy Gorilla) Known Bugs and Workarounds

My internetconnection was very unreliable. Sometimes it would connect to the internet, often it would not. I found a couple of posts on other sites about how to fix the problem, but they didn't work for me. They did, however, point out that the file /etc/netplan/01-network-manager-all.yaml is malformed. I do not understand why it worked sometimes, but I found the way to properly set it up at <a href="https://www.serverlab.ca/tutorials/linux/administration-linux/how-to-configure-networking-in-ubuntu-20-04-with-netplan/">How to Configure Networking in Ubuntu 20.04 with Netplan</a>. It's important to remember to enter the command, "sudo netplan apply." I was also surprised to discover that my ethernet connection is not eth0, as I kind of expected, it's enp2s0, so do use "ip a" as the article suggests.