Thread: flashplugin installer unavailable for Ubuntu 20.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

flashplugin installer unavailable for Ubuntu 20.10

I cannot use flash in firefox or chromium because there is no flashplugin installer for Ubuntu 20.10. I know flashplayer is an unsecure add-on, but it is the only way to watch my SLINGPLAYER in linux. Is there any solution other than going back to 20.04?

Beans

Re: flashplugin installer unavailable for Ubuntu 20.10

Enable "Canonical Partners" repository in Software and Updates > Other Software and you can install adobe-flashplugin which is the same.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Note that in just two months Adobe will finally pull the plug on Flash. Hope you've got an alternative by then. There are very few sites still requiring Flash. I haven't seen one in years.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

If you use a Windows machine running Flash, you get a dialog pop-up indicating that it is headed for the scrap heap and asking if you want to uninstall it.

You may want to contact whoever it is you are getting the content from and ask them whether they are going to provide it.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Herber View Post
    Is there any solution other than going back to 20.04?
    Yes. Do not use Flash anything. That's dead technology and "end of life" anyway. It will stop working after December 31, 2020 and there will be no further updates ever. Adobe themselves will try and block it from running after that date.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flash...d-of-life.html

" ... Adobe will be removing Flash Player download pages from its site and Flash-based content will be blocked from running in Adobe Flash Player after the EOL Date. ..."
    Last edited by scorp123; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:11 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by Herber View Post
    I cannot use flash in firefox or chromium because there is no flashplugin installer for Ubuntu 20.10. I know flashplayer is an unsecure add-on, but it is the only way to watch my SLINGPLAYER in linux. Is there any solution other than going back to 20.04?
    Ask the developers of SLINGPLAYER to update the application to use more secure modern technology.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Solved: flashplugin installer unavailable for Ubuntu 20.10

Thanks to all who replied. I have found a solution. The submitted answers don't work because apparently there is no File "adobe-flashplugin" for ubuntu 20.10 available through the software center.

The file must be downloaded from the site "https://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/canonical_partner/groovy/partner/base/adobe-flashplugin". After downloading the file has to be moved out of the "downloads" folder as it cannot be installed from the "downloads" folder. I moved to the "documents" folder and then double-click the file to launch the software center and install.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by walts48 View Post
    Ask the developers of SLINGPLAYER to update the application to use more secure modern technology.
    Sllngbox has announced they aren't doing any more development on their platform and will disable all their services in 2 yrs. No clue how this relates to slingplayer.