Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Linking

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Linking

Do not remember details on Naulitus.
    But remember some comments about it was not as "good" as other file browsers. But it has been updated since then.

I would suggest trying Dolphin, but it has a long list of depends for kde & libqt.... files
    You can see that without install.
    apt show dolphin
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans
    Hidden!

Still trying to create a permanent link of my partition in filesmanger (on PopOS/Ubuntu), any help would be much appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hold "Ctrl+Shift" then drag a folder to a new location. When released, a symbolic link will be created. For your daily work, a symbolic link feels and acts like a regular folder. Symbolic links can also be created using a terminal command, e.g. "ln -s /mnt/data/Documents ~/Documents" would create a link "Documents" in your home folder that actually refers to a folder "Documents" on a separate partition mounted on the folder "/mnt/data".

The user does not need to know where the separate partition is mounted. Only the system administrator is concerned about that. A click on "Documents" brings the user seamlessly to the separate partition.

Beans
    Hidden!

This doesn' t really do what i wanted but i figured it out:

Code:
    sudo lsblk -f
    sudo nano /etc/fstab
    UUID=YOURUID /media/YOURNAME/YOURFILE ext4 noatime 0 1
    CTRL+O CRTL+X
    Computer > media > YOURNAME > drag the FILE to your menu in your filesmanger
    But i did not find a way to do this into the terminal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

It looks like you want to add a bookmark of a partition to the left pane of Nautilus?

Open Nautilus > Other locations > Select desired partition > Click down arrow at right of partition name > Add to bookmarks

When the bookmark is added to the left pane, you can right click to remove or rename.

The partition must be automatically mounted when you log in - gnome-disk-utility will do this for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tea for one; July 7th, 2021 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Added comment about mounting partition

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123