Thread: Login incorrect for synaptic

Beans

Login incorrect for synaptic

Hello, i just updated lubuntu 18.04 version to 20.04.1 version by pressing the upgrade upgrade button. installation was successful however since any application requires login authentication, it does not authenticate me. if instead I use the terminal, the login is successful. what problem can it have during the update phase? thank you

Beans

Login incorrect

Hello, i just updated lubuntu 18.04 version to 20.04.1 version by pressing the upgrade upgrade button. installation was successful however since any application synaptic or software update, requires login authentication, it does not authenticate me. if instead I use the terminal, the login is successful. what problem can it have during the update phase? thank you
    Last edited by lucapio-buzzo; October 14th, 2020 at 05:54 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Login incorrect for synaptic

What command are you using to log into graphical applications ?
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Login incorrect

The site https://lubuntu.me/focal-1-released/ has a note about upgrading from 18.04 to 20.04:-

Note, due to the extensive changes required for the shift in desktop environments, the Lubuntu team does not support upgrading from 18.04 or below to any greater release. Doing so will result in a broken system. If you are on 18.04 or below and would like to upgrade, please do a fresh install.
    Therefore, it would be advisable to backup your personal data, download the Lubuntu 20.04 iso and do a fresh installation.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Login incorrect

^ This.

Upgrading from Lubuntu 18.04 to 20.04 is too much trouble and bound to fail (I have painful experiences myself). You need to do a fresh install, the leap from LXDE to LXQt is too large.

DO NOT use lubuntu.net as the .ISO source, the correct download site is lubuntu.me

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Login incorrect for synaptic

Threads merged. Please do not post duplicate threads. This causes confusion and dilutes community effort.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.