Thread: Blank Windows 10 Password with Ubuntu Live CD

Beans

Blank Windows 10 Password with Ubuntu Live CD

My grandpa forgot his Windows 10 PC password and I was recommended using Ubuntu Live CD to reset the password. I made a bootable Ubuntu Live CD and install chntpw package. However, this utility is unable to detect the user accounts on this PC. Now, i am stuck and need some help on this matter.

Greatly appreciated for any input.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Blank Windows 10 Password with Ubuntu Live CD

Hello and welcome to the forum keolynyk, as per our forum rules we do not allow this topic on the forum.
    Cracking: Requests for help about any form of password or encryption "cracking" are not supported. Even though there are packages such as aircrack in the repositories, discussions about cracking or software related to cracking often lead to discussions about illegal activities. Such threads will be closed.
    While do not doubt that you do not have any nefarious intentions there are users that will find the answer here and use it for such purposes and that is the reason this topic is not allowed on the forum.

For a complete list of forum rules please see the following link:

https://ubuntuforums.org/misc.php?do=showrules

I suggest you try the windows forum, I have had to rest the password on windows 10 before and I used google it was time consuming but I was able to do it.

Thread Closed!
    Last edited by wildmanne39; October 10th, 2020 at 04:36 AM.