Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble with XRDP on Lubuntu 20.04 (LXQt)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Trouble with XRDP on Lubuntu 20.04 (LXQt)

There are huge security implications between what xrdp does and what x2go does. On the same LAN, it probably doesn't matter. Over the internet, there is a world of difference. No way should anyone use xrdp over the internet.

Beans

Re: Trouble with XRDP on Lubuntu 20.04 (LXQt)

Quote Originally Posted by soundacct View Post
    thanks for the advice. I have a bunch of identical machines bought at auction that I use as plex servers for me, friends, and family. we have pretty slow internet around here, not fast enough for streaming 4k to each other - so everyone gets their own plex server at their own home. I don't actually need to use the remote servers, only access them to update software.

. I'll try to implement this in the morning. Basically, i am trying to get remote access to look and behave exactly as though I was physically there, no matter how slow or poor the connection. I just need to apply system updates and occasionally upgrade plex media server, i don't plan to actually use it for anything else.

I lack the skillset to do any of that via the terminal. I have an identical setup at home, I have no trouble keeping everything working, has been for years. it's only the remote access that doesn't work.

thanks for your help
    If you are only updating software then use SSH. Its super slim. You don't need the full desktop to just run updates. SSH to the system and run
    Code:
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt full-upgrade
    The system is now fully updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12