Thread: 18.04 LTS -> 20.04 LTS do-release-upgrade report

Beans

Cool 18.04 LTS -> 20.04 LTS do-release-upgrade report

Now that a stable version of 20.04 LTS has been released and the hold taken of release upgrades I decided to upgrade on of my computers. I started with an easy one, a relatively clean install of 20.04 LTS amd64 on an new build desktop computer.

Code:
    $ do-release-upgrade
    The upgrade went very smoothly. I was asked 2 configuration questions, once about replacing the smb.conf file and once about replacing the ssh configuration file. I chose the defaults and left the existing modified files in place.

The only other questions were whether I wanted to proceed with the install, whether I was ready to remove a bunch of packages and whether I wanted to reboot. It took about 6 hours total but the install stopped for an unknown amount of time waiting for me to answer a prompt.

After the reboot everything so far has worked fine, but I haven't done anything much with it yet. I have more testing to do.

This was one of the smoothest release upgrades I've done, but it's also one of the newest machines and simplest installs I've upgraded.

I'm planning to do my other 7 computers in the coming months.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: 18.04 LTS -> 20.04 LTS do-release-upgrade report

As this does not appear to be a request for technical support, thread moved to Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.