Thread: Hitting closed threads pretty much all the times when searching on Google

Beans

Hitting closed threads pretty much all the times when searching on Google

Would it be possible that closed threads without any useful information be removed or not indexed by Google. Now, each time I search for a solution on Google, I hit a closed thread, on Ubuntu forum or elsewhere, cannot find any useful solution, try to reply and it fails: this thread is closed. I have more and more issues with Ubuntu and other computer programs and each time I search on Google, I hit forums without any useful solution. Is it because I should use something else than Google to search?
    Example of closed thread with an ongoing problem persisting for years and years and years: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2183796

Beans

Re: Hitting closed threads pretty much all the times when searching on Google

If you have a good answer for a tread that was closed, then you can make new post with an answer to the linked post. Some closed posts might give someone looking for an answer ideas to make a better search. Think it would be difficult for a forum to have only certain posts show on search sites. Some search sites might give better listings to your own searches than google, but you will need to try them.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

if you include the 'ubuntu release' in the query, then old answers won't show up. Also use "-closed+solved" in the query to avoid or include those types of threads.

When you post, be certain follow up with the solution in a way that can be found next year and mark SOLVED using the thread tools. Encourage others.

Strong google-fu is a life skill.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Use the google search tool to limit your search to a certain time period.